Last Updated: 20-January-2020
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“TERMS”) CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND LAWGRO, INC. (“LawGro”) AND GOVERN USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND SITE BY YOU, AGENTS AND CLIENTS WHETHER IN CONNECTION WITH A PAID SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICE OR A FREE TRIAL OF THE SERVICE.
By accepting these Terms, or by accessing or using the Service or Site, or authorizing or permitting any Team Member or Client to access or use the Service, You agree to be bound by these Terms. If You are entering into these Terms on behalf of a company, organization or another legal entity (an “Entity”), You are agreeing to these Terms for that Entity and representing to LawGro that You have the authority to bind such Entity and its Affiliates to these Terms, in which case the terms “User,” “You,” “Your” or related capitalized terms herein shall refer to such Entity and its Affiliates. If You do not have such authority, or if You do not agree with these Terms, You must not accept these Terms and may not use the Service.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services you agree that:
- You can form a binding contract with LawGro;
- You are not a person who is prohibited from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States, England, Wales, or any other applicable jurisdiction; and
- You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations, including applicable trade regulations.
When used in these Terms with the initial letters capitalized, in addition to the terms defined elsewhere in these Terms, the following terms have the following meanings:
- Account: means any accounts or instances created by or on behalf of User or its Team Members or Clients within the Service.
- Affiliate: means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such Party, whereby “control” (including, with correlative meaning, the terms “controlled by” and “under common control”) means the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct, or cause the direction of the management and policies of such person, whether through the ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.
- Team Member: means an individual authorized to use the Service through Your Account as a team member and/or administrator as identified through a unique login.
- API: means the application programming interfaces developed and enabled by LawGro that permits User to access certain functionality provided by the Service, including without limitation, the REST API that enables the interaction with the Service automatically through HTTP requests and the application development API that enables the integration of the Service with other web applications.
- Associated Services: means products, services, features and functionality designed to be used in conjunction with the Service but not included in the Service Plan to which You subscribed, including without limitation, integrations and applications created or developed by LawGro, which are expressly stated to be governed by these Terms. For avoidance of doubt, neither the LawGro Service nor any other product, service, feature or functionality that is expressly stated to be governed by any alternative license, agreement or terms of service shall be deemed an Associated Service.
- Confidential Information: means all information disclosed by You to LawGro or by LawGro to You which is in tangible form and labeled “confidential” (or with a similar legend) or which a reasonable person would understand to be confidential given the nature of the information and circumstances of disclosure, including, but not limited to information relating to the LawGro’s security policies and procedures. For purposes of these Terms, these Terms as well as Service Data shall be deemed Confidential Information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include information that (a) was already known to the receiving party at the time of disclosure by the disclosing party; (b) was or is obtained by the receiving party by a third party not known by the receiving party to be under an obligation of confidentiality with respect to such information; (c) is or becomes generally available to the public other than by violation of these Terms or another valid agreement between the Parties; or (d) was or is independently developed by the receiving party without use of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information.
- Client: means any person or entity other than User or Team Members with whom User or its Team Members interact using the Service.
- “controller“, “processor“, “data subject“, “personal data (also referred to as Personal Information in the Agreement)” and “processing” (and “process“) shall have the meanings given in Applicable Data Protection Law.
- Applicable Data Protection Law: means (i) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (the “GDPR“) and (ii) any and all applicable national data protection laws made under or pursuant to in each case as may be amended or superseded from time to time.
- Account Data: means the Personal Data collected in connection with account-related data provided by you to LawGro during the purchase, sign up, billing, or support of your account. Account Data includes contact information for Administrators, product feedback and surveys, information collected in connection with our events, training sessions, webinars, sales and marketing purposes, and de-identified technical data used for support and product maintenance.
- Client Data: means the Personal Data (also referred to as Personal Information in the Agreement) contained in: i) any data you upload or input into the Service, and ii) data generated or collected in the course of your configuration or use of the Service. Client Data does not include Business Relationship Data.
- Security Incident: means “Personal Data Breach” as defined under the GDPR.
- Subprocessor: means any third-party Processors engaged directly by LawGro to assist with LawGro’s processing of Client Data.
- Other Services: means third party products, applications, services, software, products, networks, systems, directories, websites, databases and information which the Service links to, or which You may connect to or enable in conjunction with the Service, including, without limitation, Other Services which may be integrated directly into Your Account.
- Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person where an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Processing/To Process/Processed: means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
- Service: means the LawGro Service, as applicable, together with all applicable Associated Services that You have purchased or deployed or to which You have subscribed (“Deployed Associated Services”), whether made available to You on a trial or paid basis.
- Service Data: means electronic data, text, messages, communications or other materials submitted to and stored within the Service by You, Team Members and Clients in connection with Your use of such Service, which may include, without limitation, Personal Data.
- Service Plan(s): means the packaged service plan(s) and the functionality and services associated therewith (as detailed on the Site applicable to the Service) for the LawGro Service, as applicable, to which You subscribe.
- Site: means www.lawgro.com, as applicable, as well as the other websites that LawGro operates.
- Software: means software provided by LawGro (either by download or access through the internet) that allows a Team Member or Clients to use any functionality in connection with the applicable Service.
- Subscription Term: means the period during which You have agreed to subscribe to the LawGro Service, as applicable, with respect to any individual Team Member.
- Usage Data: means encoded or anonymized information or aggregated data that the LawGro may collect about a group or category of services, features or users while You, Your Team Members or Clients use a Service for certain purposes, including analytics, which does not contain Personal Data.
- “We,” “Us” or “Our”: means LawGro.
- LawGro: means LawGro, Inc., a Delaware corporation or any of its successors or assignees.
- LawGro Service: means solutions designed for managing and helping growth of law practice, made available by LawGro online via the user login link at https://www.lawgro.com and other web pages designated by LawGro, including, individually and collectively, the applicable Software, Updates and APIs.
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS; ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE
2.1 During the Subscription Term and subject to compliance by You, Team Members and Clients with these Terms, You have the limited right to access and use a Service consistent with the Service Plan(s) that You subscribe to, together with all applicable Deployed Associated Services, for Your internal business purposes. You may not use the Service to provide any outsourced services to any third party through a single Account. Without limiting the foregoing, Your right to access and use the API is also subject to the restrictions and policies implemented by LawGro from time to time with respect to the API.
2.2 A high speed Internet connection is required for proper transmission of the Service. You are responsible for procuring and maintaining the network connections that connect Your network to the Service, including, but not limited to, “browser” software that supports protocols used by LawGro, including the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol or other protocols accepted by LawGro, and to follow procedures for accessing services that support such protocols. We are not responsible for notifying You, Team Members or Clients of any upgrades, fixes or enhancements to any such software or for any compromise of data, including Service Data, transmitted across computer networks or telecommunications facilities (including but not limited to the Internet) which are not owned, operated or controlled by LawGro. We assume no responsibility for the reliability or performance of any connections as described in this Section.
2.3 In addition to complying with the other terms, conditions and restrictions set forth below in these Terms, You agree not to (a) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Service available to any third party, other than authorized Team Members and Clients in furtherance of Your internal business purposes as expressly permitted by these Terms; (b) use the Service to Process data on behalf of any third party other than Team Members or Clients; (c) modify, adapt, or hack the Service or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or related systems or networks; (d) falsely imply any sponsorship or association with LawGro; (e) use the Service in any unlawful manner, including but not limited to violation of any person’s privacy rights; (f) use the Service to send unsolicited or unauthorized bulk mail, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes or other forms of duplicative or unsolicited messages; (g) use the Service to store or transmit files, materials, data, text, audio, video, images or other content that infringes on any person’s intellectual property rights; (h) use the Service in any manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the Services and its components; (i) attempt to decipher, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise discover the source code of any Software making up the Service; (j) use the Service to knowingly post, transmit, upload, link to, send or store any content that is unlawful, racist, hateful, abusive, libelous, obscene, or discriminatory; (k) use the Service to store or transmit any “protected health information” unless expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by LawGro; (l) use the Service to knowingly post transmit, upload, link to, send or store any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other similar harmful software (“Malicious Software”); or (m) attempt to use, or use the Service in violation of these Terms.
2.4 You are responsible for compliance with the provisions of these Terms by Team Members and Clients and for any and all activities that occur under Your Account, as well as for all Service Data. Without limiting the foregoing, You are solely responsible for ensuring that use of the Service to store and transmit Service Data is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations You may maintain or enter into with Team Members or Clients. You also maintain all responsibility for determining whether the Services or the information generated thereby is accurate or sufficient for Your purposes. Subject to any limitation on the number of individual Team Members available under the applicable Service Plan(s) to which You subscribed or applicable Deployed Associated Service, access to and use of the Service is restricted to the specified number of individual Team Members permitted under Your subscription to the Service. You agree and acknowledge that each Team Member will be identified by a unique username and password (“Login”) and that a Team Member Login may only be used by one (1) individual. You will not share a Team Member Login among multiple individuals. You and Your Team Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Login information for Your Account.
2.5 We reserve the right, in Our reasonable discretion, to temporarily suspend Your access to and use of a Service: (a) during planned downtime for upgrades and maintenance to the Service (of which We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify You in advance both through Our Site and a notice to Your Account owner and Team Members) (“Planned Downtime”); (b) during any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, such as, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, acts of terror or civil unrest, technical failures beyond Our reasonable control (including, without limitation, inability to access the Internet), or acts undertaken by third parties, including without limitation, distributed denial of service attacks; or (c) if We suspect or detect any Malicious Software connected to Your Account or use of the Service by You, Team Members or Clients.
3. DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY; CONFIDENTIALITY
3.1 Subject to the express permissions of these Terms, each Party will protect each other’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access or disclosure in the same manner as each protects its own Confidential Information, but with no less than reasonable care. Except as otherwise expressly permitted pursuant to these Terms, each of us may use each other’s Confidential Information solely to exercise our respective rights and perform our respective obligations under these Terms and shall disclose such Confidential Information (a) solely to those of our respective employees, representatives, subcontractors and agents who have a need to know such Confidential Information for such purposes and who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of, and not misuse, such Confidential Information; (b) as necessary to comply with an order or subpoena of any administrative agency or court of competent jurisdiction; or (c) as reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation. The provisions of this Section 3 shall supersede any non-disclosure agreement by and between the Parties that would purport to address the confidentiality and security of Service Data and such agreement shall have no further force or effect with respect to Service Data.
3.2 To the extent Service Data constitutes Personal Data, You and LawGro hereby agree that You shall be deemed to be the data controller and LawGro shall be deemed to be the data processor. In providing the Service, LawGro will engage other authorized service providers, to Process Service Data, including and without limitation, any associated Personal Data pursuant to these Terms within the United States and in other countries and territories. Under no circumstances will LawGro be deemed a data controller with respect to Service Data or any relevant law or regulation of any Member State.
3.3 LawGro will maintain commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data. These safeguards include encryption of Service Data in transmission (using TLS or similar technologies), except for certain Other Services that do not support encryption, which You may link to through the Service at Your election. Our compliance with the provisions of this Section shall be deemed compliance with Our obligations to protect Service Data as set forth above.
3.4 You agree that We and the service providers that We utilize to assist in providing the Service to You shall have the right to access Your Account and to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display and disclose Service Data to the extent necessary to provide the Service, including, without limitation, in response to Your support requests. Any third party service providers We utilize will only be given access to Your Account and Service Data as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service and will be subject to (a) confidentiality obligations which are commercially reasonable and substantially consistent with the standards described above and (b) their agreement to comply with the data transfer restrictions applicable to Personal Data. If You refuse to consent to Our appointment of a third-party subprocessor relating to the protection of Your Data, You may elect to suspend or terminate this Agreement, subject to all fees and payment due for services rendered.
3.5 Cooperation and data subjects’ rights:
- During the Term, LawGro shall, in a manner consistent with the functionality of the Services and taking into account the nature of the processing, provide reasonable assistance to enable Client to respond to: (a) any request from a data subject to exercise any of its rights under GDPR (including its rights of access, deletion, restriction, correction, objection, erasure and data portability, as applicable); and (b) any other correspondence, enquiry or complaint received from a data subject, regulator or other third party in connection with the processing of the Data as required under the GDPR.
- If LawGro receives any requests from a data subject related to Client Personal Data, LawGro shall advise the data subject to provide such request directly to the Client and Client shall be responsible for responding to such request.
3.6 Data Protection Impact Assessment: Upon Client’s written request and to the extent that Client does not otherwise have access to the relevant information and the information is available to LawGro, LawGro shall provide Client with reasonable assistance (at Client’s cost) needed to fulfil the Clients obligations under the GDPR to carry out a data protection impact assessment related to Client’s use of the Service. To the extent necessary, LawGro shall provide reasonable assistance to the Client in the consultation with its relevant data protection authority.
3.7 Security incidents:
- If LawGro becomes aware of an actual Security Incident that involves Client Data, LawGro will: (a) notify Client of the Security Incident without undue delay; (b) take appropriate steps to identify the cause of the Security Incident and minimize harm and secure the Client Data, to the extent remediation is within LawGro’s reasonable control; and (c) provide Client with information, subject to our privacy and data security policies, confidentiality and legal requirements, as may be reasonably necessary to assist Client with its notification and reporting responsibilities. LawGro will not asses the contents of the Client Data to identify any specific reporting or other legal obligations that are applicable to the Client. Any and all regulatory and/or data subject reporting obligations related to the Security Incident are the responsibility of the Client.
- LawGro’s notification of or response to a Security Incident under this Agreement will not be construed as an acknowledgement by LawGro of any liability or fault with respect to the Security Incident.
- Notification(s) of any Security Incident(s) by LawGro shall be delivered to the notification email or address provided in the Agreement or, at LawGro’s discretion, by phone or in-person meeting. Client is solely responsible for ensuring that the notification contact details (e.g., phone and email) are valid and accurate.
3.8 Deletion or return of Data: At Client’s election, LawGro Shall return or destroy all Client Data in its possession or control (including in the possession of any Subprocessor) in accordance with LawGro’s data retention and destruction procedures and timeframes unless otherwise agreed with Client. This requirement shall not apply: (a) to the extent that LawGro is required by any EU (or any EU Member State) law to retain some or all of the Data, in which event LawGro shall isolate and protect Client Data from any further processing except to the extent required by such law or (b) to any data stored on back-ups such data will be destroyed in accordance with our standard destruction policies for back-up data due to the cost and technical difficult of deleting back-ups.
3.9 Audit: LawGro shall respond to any written audit questions related to LawGro’s security practices that submitted to it by Client, provided that Client shall not exercise this right more than once per year.
3.11 Unless otherwise specifically agreed to by LawGro, Service Data may be hosted or otherwise Processed by LawGro or their respective authorized service partners in the U.S or any other locations around the world.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Each Party shall maintain all rights, title and interest in and to all our respective patents, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, know-how and any other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”). The rights granted to You, Team Members and Clients to use the Service under these Terms do not convey any additional rights in the Service, or in any Intellectual Property Rights associated therewith. Subject only to limited rights to access and use the Service as expressly stated herein, all rights, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, Software and other components of or used to provide the Service, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, will remain with LawGro and belong exclusively to LawGro. LawGro shall have a fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable and perpetual license to implement, use, modify, commercially exploit, and/or incorporate into the Service or otherwise use any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback We receive from You, Team Members, Client, or other third parties acting on Your behalf. LawGro and LawGro’s other product and service names, and logos used or displayed on the Service are registered or unregistered trademarks of LawGro (collectively, “Marks”), and You may only use applicable Marks to identify You as a User; provided You do not attempt, now or in the future, to claim any rights in the Marks, degrade the distinctiveness of the Marks, or use the Marks to disparage or misrepresent Us, Our services or products.
5. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
If You decide to enable, access or use Other Services, be advised that Your access and use of such Other Services is governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Other Services, and We do not endorse, are not responsible or liable for, and make no representations as to any aspect of such Other Services, including, without limitation, their content or the manner in which they handle data (including Service Data) or any interaction between You and the provider of such Other Services. You irrevocably waive any claim against LawGro with respect to such Other Services. We are not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Your enablement, access or use of any such Other Services, or Your reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of such Other Services. You may be required to register for or log into such Other Services on their respective websites. By enabling any Other Services, You are expressly permitting LawGro to disclose Your Login as well as Service Data as necessary to facilitate the use or enablement of such Other Services.
6. BILLING, PLAN MODIFICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
6.1 Unless otherwise indicated about referencing these Terms or in any Additional Terms, all charges associated with Your access to and use of the Service (“Subscription Charges”) are due in full upon commencement of Your Subscription Term, or with respect to a Deployed Associated Service, at the time such Deployed Associated Service is purchased, subscribed to or otherwise deployed. If You fail to pay Your Subscription Charges or charges for other services referencing these Terms in advance, or if You do not update payment information in advance, We may suspend or terminate access to and use of such Service by You, Team Members and Clients.
6.2 If You choose to upgrade Your Service Plan or increase the number of Team Members authorized to access and use the Service during Your Subscription Term (a “Subscription Upgrade”), any incremental Subscription Charges associated with such Subscription Upgrade will be prorated over the remaining period of Your then current Subscription Term, charged to Your Account and due and payable upon implementation of such Subscription Upgrade. In any future Subscription Term, Your Subscription Charges will reflect any such Subscription Upgrades.
6.3 No refunds or credits for Subscription Charges or other fees or payments will be provided to You if You elect to downgrade Your Service Plan. Downgrading Your Service Plan may cause loss of content, features, or capacity of the Service as available to You under Your Account, and LawGro does not accept any liability for such loss.
6.4 Unless otherwise stated, Our charges do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes assessable by any local, state, provincial or foreign jurisdiction (collectively “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying Taxes except those assessable against LawGro based on its income. We will invoice You for such Taxes if We believe We have a legal obligation to do so and You agree to pay such Taxes if so invoiced.
6.5 If You pay by credit card or certain other payment instruments, the Service provides an interface for the Account owner to change credit card information (e.g. upon card renewal). The Account owner will receive a receipt upon each receipt of payment by LawGro, or they may obtain a receipt from within the Service to track subscription status. You hereby authorize LawGro to bill Your credit card or other payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with the terms of the Service Plan for the Service and for periodic Subscription Charges applicable to Deployed Associated Services until You terminate Your Subscription to the Service, and You further agree to pay any Subscription Charges so incurred. You agree to promptly update your Account information with any changes (for example, a change in Your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur.
7. CREDITS POLICY
7.1 We may, at our sole discretion, choose to offer credits for the Service in various ways, including but not limited to, coupons, promotional campaigns and referrals. LawGro reserves the right to award credits at its sole discretion. Credits have no monetary or cash value and can only be used by You to offset Your subsequent payments of Subscription Charges for the applicable Service. Credits may only be applied to Subscription Charges due for the Service specifically identified by LawGro when issuing the credit. Credits can only be used by You and are non-transferable.
7.2 To the extent that You have been awarded LawGro credits, unless the instrument (including any coupon) states an earlier expiration date, these LawGro credits shall expire and no longer be redeemable six (6) months from the date the LawGro credit was issued.
8. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
8.1 Either Party may elect to terminate Your Account and subscription to the Service as of the end of Your then current Subscription Term by providing notice, in accordance with these Terms, on or prior to the date thirty (30) days preceding the end of such Subscription Term. Unless Your Account and subscription to the Services is so terminated, Your subscription to the Service (including any and all Deployed Associated Services) will renew for a Subscription Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Subscription Term. Unless otherwise provided, the Subscription Charges applicable to Your subscription to the Service for any such subsequent Subscription Term shall be Our standard Subscription Charges for the Service Plan and Deployed Associated Services to which You have subscribed or which you have deployed, as applicable, as of the time such subsequent Subscription Term commences.
8.2 No refunds or credits for Subscription Charges or other fees or payments will be provided to You if You elect to terminate Your subscription to the Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then effective Subscription Term. Following the termination or cancellation of Your subscription to the Service and/or Account, We reserve the right to delete all Service Data in the normal course of operation. Service Data cannot be recovered once Your Account is cancelled.
8.3 If You terminate Your subscription to the Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then effective Subscription Term or We effect such termination or cancellation pursuant to Sections 2.5(c) or 8.4, in addition to other amounts You may owe LawGro, You must immediately pay any then unpaid Subscription Charges associated with the remainder of such Subscription Term. This amount will not be payable by You in the event You terminate Your subscription to the Service or cancel Your Account as a result of a material breach of these Terms by LawGro, provided that You provide advance notice of such breach to LawGro and afford LawGro not less than thirty (30) days to reasonably cure such breach.
8.4 We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Service (or any part thereof), Your Account or Your and/or Team Members’ or Clients’ rights to access and use the Services, and remove, disable and discard any Service Data if We believe that You, Team Members or Clients have violated these Terms. This includes the removal or disablement of Service Data in accordance with Our Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. Unless legally prohibited from doing so, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to notify You when taking any of the foregoing actions. We shall not be liable to You, Team Members, Clients or any other third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuation of Your rights to access and use the Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity by You, Team Members or Clients may be referred to law enforcement authorities at Our sole discretion.
9. APPLE REQUIREMENTS
If you downloaded any part of the Service from the iTunes or Mac App Store, the following terms also apply to you:
- Acknowledgement: You acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and LawGro only, and not with Apple, and LawGro, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Software and the content thereof.
- Scope of License: The license granted to you for the Software is a limited, non-transferable license to use the Software on Mac products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the terms of service applicable to the Mac App Store.
- Maintenance and Support: LawGro and not Apple is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services, for which additional fees may apply, with respect to the Services. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Software.
- Warranty: LawGro is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Software to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Software, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be LawGro’s sole responsibility.
- Product Claims: LawGro, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any user or third party claims relating to the Software or the user’s possession and/or use of the Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Software fail to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights: You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Software or your possession and use of the Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, LawGro, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Third Party Terms of Agreement: You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using the Software.
- Developer Contact Info: Direct any questions, complaints or claims to: LawGro Inc., 46746 Crawford St, Unit 1A, Fremont, CA 94539, USA.
- Third Party Beneficiary: You acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
10. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND DMCA POLICY
10.1 LawGro complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act’s safe harbor provisions. We expect You, Team Members and Clients to respect copyright law. In appropriate circumstances we will terminate the Account of any user who repeatedly infringes or is believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that material located on or linked to by LawGro violates your copyright, please notify LawGro in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy.
10.2 Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. LawGro respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that You do the same. We will terminate Your access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, You are determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of LawGro or others. We may terminate Your access if You are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
10.3 DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by sending a properly formatted take-down notice in writing to LawGro’s designated copyright agent at 46746 Crawford St, Unit 1A, Fremont, CA 94539.
10.4 Response To DMCA Take-Down Notices. If LawGro takes action in response to an infringement notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by that party to LawGro. Any DMCA infringement notice may be forwarded to the party that made the content available or to third parties such as LumenDatabase.org
10.5 Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User-Generated Content that has been removed from the Website is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content you submitted to the Website, you may send a properly formatted counter-notice to LawGro’s copyright agent using the contact information set forth above.
10.6 Response to DMCA Counter-Notices. If a counter-notice is received by LawGro’s copyright agent, LawGro may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content will be reinstated on the Website in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE AND THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE, AND NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
12.1 UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WILL EITHER PARTY TO THESE TERMS, OR THEIR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER LOSS INCURRED BY SUCH PARTY OR THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH DAMAGES.
12.2 NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBSCRIPTION TO, OR USE OR EMPLOYMENT OF THE SERVICE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES FOR SUCH SERVICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE ONE (1) MONTH PRIOR TO THE FIRST EVENT OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND LIMIT POTENTIAL LIABILITY GIVEN THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER IF WE WERE TO ASSUME ANY FURTHER LIABILITY OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH HEREIN. WE HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO PROVIDE YOU THE RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICE PROVIDED FOR IN THESE TERMS.
12.3 Any claims or damages that You may have against LawGro shall only be enforceable against LawGro and not any other entity or its officers, directors, representatives or agents.
13.1 We will indemnify and hold You harmless, from and against any claim against You by reason of Your use of the Service as permitted hereunder, brought by a third party alleging that such Service infringes or misappropriates a third party’s valid patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret (an “IP Claim”). We shall, at Our expense, defend such IP Claim and pay damages finally awarded against You in connection therewith, including the reasonable fees and expenses of the attorneys engaged by LawGro for such defense, provided that (a) You promptly notify LawGro of the threat or notice of such IP Claim; (b) We will have the sole and exclusive control and authority to select defense attorneys, defend and/or settle any such IP Claim; and (c) You fully cooperate with LawGro in connection therewith. If use of the Service by You, Team Members or Clients has become, or in Our opinion is likely to become, the subject of any such IP Claim, We may at its option and expense (a) procure for You the right to continue using the Service as set forth hereunder; (b) replace or modify the Service to make it non-infringing; or (c) if options (a) or (b) are not commercially reasonable or practicable as determined by LawGro, terminate Your subscription to the Service and repay You, on a pro-rated basis, any Subscription Charges previously paid to LawGro for the corresponding unused portion of Your Subscription Term for such Service. We will have no liability or obligation under this Section with respect to any IP Claim if such claim is caused in whole or in part by (i) compliance with designs, data, instructions or specifications provided by You; (ii) modification of the Service by anyone other than LawGro; or (iii) the combination, operation or use of the Service with other hardware or software where the Service would not by itself be infringing.
The provisions of this Section state the sole, exclusive and entire liability of LawGro to You and constitute Your sole remedy with respect to an IP Claim brought by reason of access to or use of the Service by You, Team Members or Clients.
13.2 You will indemnify and hold LawGro harmless against any claim brought by a third party against LawGro arising from or related to use of the Service by You, Team Members or Clients in breach of these Terms or matters which You have expressly agreed to be responsible pursuant to these Terms; provided that We promptly notifies You of the threat or notice of such a claim.
14. ASSIGNMENT; ENTIRE AGREEMENT; AMENDMENT
14.1 You may not, directly or indirectly, by operation of law or otherwise, assign all or any part of these Terms or Your rights under these Terms or delegate performance of Your duties under these Terms without Our prior consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. We may, without Your consent, assign Our agreement with You in connection with any merger or change of control of LawGro or the sale of all or substantially all of Our assets provided that any such successor agrees to fulfill its obligations pursuant to these Terms. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, these Terms will be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
14.2 These Terms constitute the entire agreement, and supersede any and all prior agreements between You and LawGro with regard to the subject matter hereof. These Terms shall apply in lieu of the terms or conditions in any purchase order or other order documentation You or any Entity which You represent provides (all such terms or conditions being null and void), and, except as expressly stated herein, there are no other agreements, representations, warranties, or commitments which may be relied upon by either party with respect to the subject matter hereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, additional terms may apply to certain features, functionality, or services We offer as part of or distinct from the Service, including Associated Services (the “Additional Terms”). In those instances, We will notify You of such Additional Terms prior to the activation of these features, functionality, or services and the activation of these features, functionality, or services in Your Account will be considered acceptance of the Additional Terms. All such Additional Terms will be considered incorporated into these Terms when You or any Team Member authorized as an administrator in Your Account activate the feature, functionality, or service. Where there is a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control.
14.3 We may amend these Terms from time to time, in which case the new Terms will supersede prior versions. We will notify You not less than ten (10) days prior to the effective date of any such amendment and Your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such amendment may be relied upon by LawGro as Your consent to any such amendment. Our failure to enforce at any time any provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of the Terms.
If any provision in these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in effect.
16. EXPORT COMPLIANCE AND USE RESTRICTIONS
The Service and other Software or components of the Service that We may provide or make available to You, Team Members or Clients may be subject to U.S. export control and economic sanctions laws. You agree to comply with all such laws and regulations as they relate to access to and use of the Service, Software and such other components by You, Team Members and Clients. You shall not access or use the Service if You are located in any jurisdiction in which the provision of the Services, Software or other components is prohibited under U.S. or other applicable laws or regulations (a “Prohibited Jurisdiction”) and You shall not provide access to the Services to any government, entity or individual located in any Prohibited Jurisdiction. You represent, warrant and covenant that (a) You are not named on any U.S. government list of persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports, or transacting with any U.S. person; (b) You are not a national of, or a company registered in, any Prohibited Jurisdiction; (c) You shall not permit Team Members or Clients to access or use the Service in violation of any U.S. or other applicable export embargoes, prohibitions or restrictions; and (d) You shall comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which You, Team Members and Clients are located.
17. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
The parties are independent contractors. These Terms do not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship among the parties.
18. GOVERNING LAW
The Terms and the relationship between you and LawGro shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against LawGro that is not subject to arbitration must be resolved by a court located in Fremont County, Fremont, California, except as otherwise agreed by the parties. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Fremont County, California, for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes that are not subject to arbitration. You hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
19. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Service, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, or by writing to us at 46746 Crawford St, Unit 1A, Fremont, CA 94539, USA.